1976 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible 8.2 l Fuel Injection
- In 1975 the GM Cadillac Division named this car the very last „Fullsize Convertible“, which made it at once a Collector item. Unfortunately only a few excellent cars survived until today, from the originally 14’000 produced. This means in general, many cars remain today alive, therefore much care and know-how is needed to be able to judge correctly. Extremely exclusive and with only about 1000 unit produced, was the very expensive option with the brand new Fuel Injection. Initially these cars showed quite some problems and this is why many of them were changed back to the carburetor version. On the other side are, the very few remaining FI Eldorados Convertible, really hard to find.
- The well-known car enthusiast Thomas Kerr bought his car on March 15, 1976 at Brogan Cadillac of Ridgewood New Jersey and equipped it with every available option! The full original documentation and the paper work, which starts from the order form until the handover to Mr. Kerr until the “thank you letter” from the salesman, everything is completely as the originals available. We do have as well the original sales documentation, including all the information GM gave to its customers, complete with the „Windows Sticker“.
- With only 12000 miles on the counter, two Swiss brothers bought this rare car as therefore only the second owners. After the tough to get Swiss matriculation as a veteran (historical) car, this one remains in full original condition and is driven regularly with today with proven about 25‘000 Miles.
- For an almost 40 years old car, it is incredible for new timers, with how much safety and excellency this car drives, practically as good as many new car! Naturally the Eldorado Convertible will never be a City car, much space is needed, but the overall pleasure is overwhelming.
- Today the „Fuel Injection“ works beautiful and the difference to the normal carburetor driven cars is much more, than the 216 DIN HP, compared to the low 190 HP could imagine. It must be felt on the road to become aware of this!
- The extra-ordinary road holding capabilities is for an American car of this period something unmatched, first because of the all over excellent front wheel drive system, but also due to the in general fantastic driving package.
- Full technical information: please see the attached documentation.
Net selling price ex Switzerland in CHF 115‘000.- (approx. US $ 130’000)