1965 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud III, Chassis LSGT 537, Motor ST.268.G.
- Rolls Royce England built this Silver Cloud III as of 1964-07-08, chassis ID no. SGT537, conceived for right side driving. At the same factory, it then was changed to a left hand driven car for Rolls Royce Inc. O.M.C., bearing now the chassis ID no. LSGT537, due to export into the USA to O.M.C. / dealer Kumpf.
- On 1964-08-21 it started to pass all the factory tests, which ended by 1964-08-28 with a full success. Already on October 30th of the same year, the car was handed over to the shipping company, which transported the Silver Cloud with MS “Sue Litres” from Liverpool to Houston.
- Due to the change over for the new RR generation, the car stayed then in the show-room in Fort Worth Texas for almost a whole year.
- On the car order reference CX. 7920, the SC III, Series G, Body No. 8490 was named as the first owner a Mr. A.A. Hagedorn, 13 Loma Linda Drive in Colorado Springs. As date of issue of guarantee was marked December 12th, 1965, exactly the same date is mentioned on the hand-written sales contract between the Colorado Springs citizen Mr.Alfred A. Hagedorn and Kumpf Motor Imports, Inc. of Denver/Colorado. The respective invoice no. RS/F52 shows also the same date of Dec. 17, 1965. All these documents are available, as well as many others, including several „Vehicle Inspection Reports of the State of Colorado“, over a period of many years.
- We are as well in the possession of the original “Certificate of Title to a Motor Vehicle - State of Colorado – from January 4th, 1966, including the free transfer from Alfred A. Hagedorn to the well-known Rolls Royce specialist Mr. Charles S. Crail of Santa Barbara California.
- On June 2nd of 2005, Crail sold the car to the present Swiss owner, with only 40700 miles on the counter. Before, the original car title never was put in the name of Mr. Charles Crail or anybody else.
- After passing the very tough to get Swiss matriculation on August 29, 2005, as a veteran (historical) car, on August 29 2005, this car was regularly serviced by a true specialist (all the respective invoices are available).
- Until today, the Swiss Owner regularly drives the Silver Cloud III himself, so the odometer shows now almost 60‘000 miles. The car still is in its original configuration, has the same original painting, with exception of a few minor repairs, including the fully intact wood, tissue and leather interior. Mechanically, the Silver Cloud only needed a new water radiator and the normal spare parts from the regular services. The only other real repair was the automatic transmission, which had to be redone.
- This car shall only be sold to a true enthusiast and never to a dealer or a company. Any possible buyer has to come and meet the present owner in person, only afterwards he makes the decision of a possible sale. No price discussion will be held, if this could be the intention, then please spare your travel expenses.
- Full technical information: please see the attached documentation.
Net Selling price ex Switzerland in CHF 199‘500.- (approx. US $ 225’000.-)